The final section in the bottom menu of the NiceDay app is "Profile". Here you can find and edit your personal information and adjust your settings.
6.1 Edit personal information
- In the top half of the screen you will be able to see your profile picture, name and bio.
- The bottom half will indicate your date of birth, place of residence, gender and email address.
- Tap the pencil on the right side of the screen to edit your details. When you have finished editing your data, you can click "Save" at the top right of the screen to save your changes.
- You cannot change your email address. If you would like to change your email address send the NiceDay Team a message or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will help you further!
You do not have to enter your date of birth, place of residence and gender if you do not want to. Your bio can also stay empty and a photo is not required. First and last name and email address are mandatory.
If you tap the cogwheel in the top right hand side of the screen, you will see a number of options.
- You can turn your notifications on or off using the slider. (Note! You must also have given NiceDay permission to send notifications in your phone settings)
- You can also give permission for your data to be used for research, also by using this slider.
- You can see the version of the app you are using. Check with the NiceDay Team for the latest version or check the App / Play Store, so you know if you need to update the app!
- You have the option to restart the app. Do this if the app is not working properly, or if the connection is not stable during (video) calling.
- You can also log out.
- Click on "Log out". You will get a pop-up asking if you are sure you want to log out. If you want to log out, click on "Okay". If you do not want to, click on "Cancel".
You may want to delete your profile. It is not possible to do this yourself. Send the NiceDay Team a message or email them at email@example.com. They will delete your account and all your data as soon as possible!
6.3 Change the language
Under "Profile" you can set the language of the NiceDay app.
- Click on the cogwheel in the top right of the page.
- Click on "Language",
- Select the desired language.
- A pop-up will appear saying "Change the language". Click on "OK" if you want to change the language.
- Click on "Cancel" if you do not want to change the language.
6.4 App security settings
It is possible to set up an extra layer of security for your NiceDay app. You can set up a passcode, Face ID, Touch ID or Biometric lock (depending on which features your device supports) to unlock the NiceDay app.
Follow these steps to set a lock for your app:
1. To set up Touch ID, Face ID or Biometrics you must first set up a passcode.
2. You can do this by going to ‘Security’ in your NiceDay app settings. Next to ‘Passcode’ you will see a slider. Swipe this to the right until it turns green to set up a 4-digit passcode for your app.
Note: You can find the app settings by going to the ‘Profile’ tab and tapping on the cogwheel in the top right corner.
3. Type in a 4-digit passcode and confirm your passcode by typing it in again.
4. After setting up a passcode, if your phone supports Touch ID, Face ID or Biometrics you will be prompted by the app whether you would like to enable them as well. Tap ‘Yes enable Touch ID/Face ID/Biometrics’ to turn it on. NiceDay uses the information from your phone’s settings to enable the TouchID/Face ID/Biometric lock. You can test the lock by tapping on ‘Lock the app now’.
5. Would you like to disable Touch ID, Face ID or Biometrics or the passcode? Slide the slider back to the left until it turns grey to turn it off. Turning off the passcode will also disable any of the other security features you have enabled for the app.
6. When you have enabled the passcode, the NiceDay app will automatically lock after being closed or being sent to the background for 30 minutes or longer. You will then be prompted to enter your passcode and/or use touch/face ID/Biometrics when you open the app.