In the NiceDay app you will find the tracker "Feelings" under the "Track" menu item. Here you can register how you feel, to gain more insight into how you feel over a longer period of time. Read more on how to register your feelings.
1) Tap on the "Feelings" button on the tracking page. It will then direct you to an overview of your feeling registrations. f you want to quickly create a mood registration, you can press the plus sign (+ Register) in the bottom right.
2) When you are on the feelings page, you will be able see an overview of all your feeling registrations. At the top of the page you can adjust the timescale so that you can see the registrations from today, this week, this month or from the past year.
3) In the top right, next to the title “Feelings”, you will be able to see clock. By tapping on the you will be able set a reminder to register your feelings.
3.1.1 Mood registration
By clicking the plus button (+Register) you can register your mood.
- Swipe the smiley up or down to indicate how you are doing.
- Press " Quick save" to quickly save your registration without entering additional data.
- By clicking “Add more details” you can add additional information using the following options:
- Title: You can add a title here. You have a maximum of 60 characters for the title. Press "Save" to save the title.
- Date and time: Click on the date and time if you want to change it. The time is set by default to the time when you created the registration. Click "Confirm" to save the new date and / or time, or "Cancel" to keep the current time.
- Note: Click on "Note" to elaborate on your feelings, thoughts and the event. You can write everything down here and there is no limit to this text field. When you are done, you can click “Save” to save the note. You can always come back and edit this note later on. Click on ‘’Note’’ again to make adjustments and click on “Save” when you're done.
- How is your mood?: When you click on "How is your mood" you can adjust your previously entered mood. By swiping the smiley up or down you indicate how you are doing. Press "Save" to save your mood.
- What do you feel?: There are 10 different emotions. Five positive emotions and five negative emotions. Swipe left or right on an emotion to indicate how intense the emotion was. The scale ranges from 1 to 5. You don't have to rate all the emotions, just the ones that apply to you or the ones you've agreed with your professional. When you're done, click "Save" at the top right.
- Repeat event: You can also schedule an event to occur multiple times. There are several options for this. You can set the event to occur every day, every week, every month or custom. With the option "custom", you can set how often (once in two weeks for example), on which day (Mon-Sun) and when the repetition ends (never, end of the day or after x number of repetitions).
- Finally, click on the gray "Save" oval button at the bottom of the registration screen to save the complete registration. If you have a phone with a smaller screen, you may have to scroll down a bit to do this. Do not forget this step, otherwise your registration is not saved! On the overview you will now see that "Feelings" has 1 registration.
Tip: if you do not click on "Save" while filling in the options, but on "Back", your data will not be saved. However you will receive a message "Are you sure you do not want to save the changes?". Press 'Cancel' to continue what you were doing or 'Okay' to not save the changes and return to the overview.
3.1.2 Setting a reminder
Tap on the clock to set a reminder to register your feelings. You will receive a notification on your phone at the specified time.
- Tap the clock.
- Tap on "Add a reminder".
- You can change the title or keep the current title as "Write down your feelings".
- Set a start and end time for the activity.
- You can also schedule the reminder to occur on multiple occasions. There are several options. You can set the reminder every day, every week, every month or custom. With custom you can set how often (once every two weeks for example), on which day (Mon-Sun) and when the repetition ends (never, end of the day or after x number of repetitions).
- Click "Save" when you're done.